Marriage Proposal Chocolate Mousse Pie by Joy McCabe
Oreo Cookie Crumb Crust
- 23 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 ½ cup miniature marshmallows (one small bag)
- 8 ounce Hershey bar with almonds
- 2 squares bitter chocolate (Hershey’s unsweetened baking chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pint whipping cream (whipped stiff but not butter)
For the Crust
- Process Oreo cookies in food processor until crumbs. Add melted butter and process. Place crumbs in 10 inch pie pan pressing firmly into bottom and sides of pie pan. Cool before adding filling.
For the Filling
- In a heavy pot add milk, marshmallows, Hershey bar (broken up), and bitter chocolate.
- Cook, stirring constantly until melted.
- Add cocoa and cool totally.
- Fold in most of whipped cream, saving some to decorate top.
- Pour filling into Oreo cookie crumb crust.
- Decorate with remaining whipped cream around top and outside edge of pie.
- Chill pie at least 3-4 hours before serving. Can be made ahead and frozen, if freezing wait to decorate with whipped cream.
By Joy McCabe@joymccabe.com