Low Country Boil
Serving Size: 8
- 1/2 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pound small red new potatoes
- 1 package smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced
- 1-2 sweet Vidalia onions, diced or sliced in wedges
- 3 ears fresh Silver Queen corn, shucked and sliced in thirds
- 3 pounds Mayport shrimp (Northeast Florida shrimp), peeled and deveined with tails on
- soft rosemary butter
- olive oil with herbs
- hot sauce of your choice
- lemon wedges for squeezing
- Bring a large pot of water to a simmer on stove, or grill at a tailgate.
- Add Old Bay Seasoning and simmer to meld the flavors.
- Add potatoes, sausage and onions. Simmer 15-20 minutes
- Add corn and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 5-6 minutes until they turn pink.
- Strain solids and serve on a large platter or on newspaper if at a picnic or tailgate.
- Serve with soft rosemary butter or olive oil with herbs for the potatoes.
- A few drops of hot sauce and a squeeze of lemon never hurts.
I think a little green would help make this a one stop meal. Next time I am adding broccoli florets at the same time as the corn.
Mike Lata's Frogmore Stew/ Garden & Gun