Butternut Squash Hummus
Serving Size: 8
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained (reserve a little liquid)
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- garlic cloves, minced (about a teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste -found in the peanut butter section of your grocery store)
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice ( 2 lemons)
- 1-2 tablespoons reserved liquid or water
- 8-12 dashes hot sauce (your favorite!)
- pine nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash cubes on baking pan, drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and whirl away until coarsely pureed.
- With food processor blade running, add the reserved chickpea juice and up to 1/4 cup olive oil, until desired consistency.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add pine nuts on top.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil if desired.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Add different toppings depending on your mood. Feta cheese, pomegranate arils (seeds). Serve with crackers, pita chips, garlic bagel chips or veggies.
I love the orange color especially if your favorite team involves orange. Makes a great tailgating or homegating dip!