Blueberry & Strawberry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 12
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup crushed strawberries
- 1 cup crushed blueberries
- Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries for top
- Fresh mint and basil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Whisk egg yolks and vanilla; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto the bottom and 3 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. \
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the cream, flour, lemon peel, salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs and yolk; beat on low speed until just combined.
- Divide batter in half. Fold crushed strawberries and blueberries into half of the batter.
- Pour into crust.
- Top with remaining batter. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake 60-70 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
By Frances Stone via KathyMillerTime