Blueberry Pecan Cobbler
Serving Size: 8
- 4 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15 ounce package refrigerated pie crusts, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat; stir until sugar melts. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of blueberry mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan. Roll 1 piecrust to 1/8 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; cut an 8 inch square. Place over blueberry mixture; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Spoon remaining blueberry mixture over baked crust.
- Roll remaining pie crust to 1/8 inch thickness, and cut into 1 inch strips. Place in lattice design over blueberry mixture. Place pan on a baking sheet on middle oven rack. Bake at 450 degress for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with ice cream.
I made this in a souffle dish. Turned out perfectly. The pecans and center pie crust give this cobbler a unique twist.
Adapted from from a long ago Southern Living
Blueberries seem to go hand in hand with Patriotic Holidays such as Memorial Day and the 4th of July.