Benedictine – Old Kentucky Recipe
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium cucumber, grated (drain and squeeze liquid out)
- 1 small onion, grated
- Lowry’s Seasoned Salt to taste.
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Dollop of mayonnaise
- 2 drops of green food coloring
- Mash the cream cheese with a fork until smooth.
- Add cucumber making sure it is squeezed dry.
- Add onion and remaining ingredients to taste. (I cut back on the onion.)
Good with crisp bacon sprinkled over open-faced sandwich; with favorite chips; an ice cream size scoop on a salad plate; sandwiches at tea time; in a bowl on an antipasto platter.
By Emily Crawford via KathyMillerTime