Bacon Wrapped Mountain Trout
Serving Size: 4
- 4 whole trout, filleted with heads off
- 4 scallions
- 8 bacon slices
- kitchen twine
- Spread butter on flesh side of rainbow trout fillets.
- Place a spring onion and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on fillets.
- Fold trout back in half and place a bacon slice on each skin side, top and bottom.
- Secure in 3 places with kitchen string.
- Grill over medium high heat 15-20 minutes.
- Time may vary depending on how many fillets you use.
Kathy’s comments…I have cooked in a cast iron skillet on the grill or directly on the grill.