APRICOT AND ALMOND GOAT CHEESE SPREAD
Serving Size: 8
- 8 oz goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 cup lightly salted almonds
- 4-5 dried apricots (chopped)
- 2-3 tsp fresh chopped parsley or basil
- 1/4-1/2 cup apricot preserves
- honey for drizzling
- an assortment of crackers
- fresh sliced granny smith apple
- Take goat cheese out of package and soften to room temperature.
- Spread preserves on a serving dish.
- Place almonds in a plastic baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
- Chop dried apricots and mix with almonds and chopped parsley.
- Roll the goat cheese in mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- Set the goat cheese roll on top of the preserves.
- Sprinkle extra almonds, apricots and parsley over roll and preserves.
- Drizzle with honey if desired.
- Surround with crackers and apples.
You could substitute orange marmalade and dried oranges for another “orange” color idea especially for a Florida or Tennessee tailgate.
Also with the preserves being sweet, you don’t necessarily have to drizzle with honey. We actually forgot the honey and thought it was fine without!
Blair Sheffield via KathyMillerTime
Recipe Adapted From Peas and Crayons