Memorial Day is a time to remember our military men and women who have given their lives to protect our country and our way of life…a free way of life. Freedom to love, freedom to worship as we see fit, freedom to speak and think.
Thank you to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
I love the red, white and blue holidays! The flag waving, the patriotic music, and the family get togethers.
Cold gazpacho is one of my favorite summer soups, cold and refreshing.
Watermelon Salad is always a favorite during the summer.
Deviled Eggs garnished any way you like!
- 4 whole trout, beheaded and filleted.
- Spread butter on flesh side of rainbow trout fillets.
- Place a spring onion and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper on fillets.
- Fold trout back in half and place a bacon slice on each skin side, top and bottom. Secure in 3 places with kitchen string.
- Grill over medium high heat 15-20 minutes. Time may vary depending on how many fillets you use.
NotesKeep a watchful eye on the cooking trout. The bacon can cause flare-ups.
Recipe Printed from www.kathymillertime.com
Grill corn in the husk.
Frances’s Blueberry and Strawberry Cheesecake
My blueberry or blackberry cobbler
What are your plans for Memorial Day?
Photo by Susan Scarborough
Come celebrate with me. I’ll save you a seat at the table!