Ya’ll are going to think I’m crazy, but with all the advance planning and preparation for the big Turkey Day, I’m craving something simple for dinner leading up to Thanksgiving. I’m in the mood for a simple pasta dish. I was browsing one of my favorite old time cookbooks…The Silver Palete Cookbook….Remember the Silver Palete from New York City fame in the 80’s? I have both of their cookbooks from the old days and also have the 25 year anniversary one.
Even though it is a great summer pasta, I felt like having a good comfort pasta. I have discovered the cherry tomatoes on the vine at our local Harris Teeter and decided to try them in this recipe. They worked!!!
Be prepared to mix the first ingredients together for at least 2 hours to meld the flavors.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 cubes. I use vine ripened cherry tomatoes halved.
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, torn into irregular pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- At least 2 hours before serving, combine the tomatoes, Brie, basil, garlic, 1 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the linguine. Boil until tender but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and immediately toss with the tomato sauce. Serve at once passing the grated parmesan cheese.
By KathyMillerTime Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook
Recipe Printed from www.kathymillertime.com
Getting ready for Thanksgiving…I am so thankful for all our blessings. Life is good!
I’m excited to share with you the many paintings I have enthusiastically (is that even a word?)
created this year.
Watch for upcoming Christmas gifting options…and special discounts…I’m calling it The Twelve Days of Christmas sale…I would love for each and everyone of you to have one of my original paintings.
A little teaser painting…
Enjoy the Comfort Food Pasta.
Come celebrate with me. I’ll save you a seat at the table.