LINGUINE WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL
Serving Size: 4-6
I love an uncooked pasta sauce that has melded flavors through marination. The heat of the pasta brings out the flavors of this sauce. Be prepared to make the sauce at least 2 hours ahead of time.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2 cubes. I use vine ripened cherry tomatoes halved.
- 1 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, torn into irregular pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- At least 2 hours before serving, combine the tomatoes, Brie, basil, garlic, 1 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the linguine. Boil until tender but still firm, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and immediately toss with the tomato sauce. Serve at once passing the grated parmesan cheese.
By KathyMillerTime Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook