BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 32 ounces butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1- 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- salt and black pepper
- half n half or cream
- chopped pecans
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the onions and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add the butternut squash, apples, and ginger.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the stock and orange juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until squash is tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat when ready to serve and ladle into bowls
I like to use a milk frother to heat and fluff 1/2 n /12 or cream. Pour a little on top of each soup. Add chopped pecans and sprinkle with a little paprika. Amazon sells the frother here.
I also love using the frother for coffee in the morning!