UHLMA’S POTATO STUFFING
Serving Size: 12
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 8 white or whole wheat bread slices or 1 small package Pepperidge Farm Stuffing
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Boil potatoes with skin on.
- While potatoes are cooking, stir fry butter, onions, and celery.
- When potatoes are done, drain, peel and mash. (I use a ricer to get smooth potatoes).
- Stir cooked onions and celery into warm potatoes.
- Add dried bread crumbs or cubes or (Pepperidge Farms stuffing mix), salt, pepper, beaten eggs, and poultry seasoning.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 30-45 minutes until crusty on top.
- Freezes well.
Bread Crumb Instructions
- Place 8 slices bread directly on rack in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Cube or process in a food processor.
Warning: This will become your go to stuffing!
By Uhlma Lovett via KathyMillerTime
A great alternative to serving Turkey and Dressing and Mashed Potatoes