SPINACH STUFFED SHELLS
Serving Size: 8-10
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (Cook a couple of extra shells in case a few break during cooking
- 1 (10 ounce)package frozen spinach, thawed and pressed dry between paper towels
- 12 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, halved
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees .
- Cook the pasta in boiling water 9 miutes. Drain and cool on a sheet pan.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta, Mascarpone cheese, mozzarella (one half), Parmesan (one half), egg, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish. Stuff each pasta shell with a generous amount of the spinach and ricotta mixture, and place in the baking dish. Should have 4 rows with 5 in each row.
- Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the top begins to brown and the sauce begins the bubble, another 10-15 minutes. Serve warm with a dusting of Parmesan.