SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE
Serving Size: 6-8
- 1 tablespoon butter for greasing baking dish, 1/2 cup butter, melted for casserole, plus 1 tablespoon , melted, for topping
- 2 (10-12 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. I use a quarter of a lemon
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coarse Ritz cracker crumbs (about 15 crackers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions, drain well and place in a mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, the cream cheese and lemon juice and blend well with a fork.
- Scatter the artichoke quarters evenly over the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with the spinach mixture and smooth the top.
- Cover with Ritz crumbs, drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter and bake until bubbly in the center and lightly browned on top, about 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.
I double for 12-20 people and use one large casserole dish. I also add a little more lemon juice.