Rustic Beauty Cherry Berry Tarts
- 14 to 16 oz. frozen puff pastry, thawed using package recommendations
- 3/4 cup each cherry pie filling and fresh berries, such as blueberries.
- Tablespoon of butter
- Tablespoon of warm apricot jam or powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix cherry filling and berries in a medium bowl.
- Place pastry on clean pastry board or counter dusted with a little flour.
- Cut pastry into six squares or rectangles.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the center of each, dot with butter.
- Pull up corners and pinch slightly in center. They will “puff” open when baking.
- Place in preheated oven, for about 20-24 minutes.
- Remove and brush with warm jam or cool slightly and dust with sugar.
- Or swap out jam for a wash of egg and a sprinkle of herbs if using a savory filling.
Easily make minis for finger food by cutting smaller squares. Sounds like these could be good at a tailgate!
By Susan Scarborough via KathyMillerTime