Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 6
- 4 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 onions, cubed
- 2 red apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- flaked coconut
- chopped cashews
- green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, seed and cube the butternut squash. (I like to buy it already prepared)
- Chop the onions and apples into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss with olive oil and spread on 2 roasting pans.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender.
- Heat the chicken stock to a simmer. Put the roasted vegetables through a food mill (medium blade) or place in batches in a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Place in a large pot and add heated chicken stock.
- Stir in the curry and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with the lightly toasted flaked coconut, scallions and chopped cashews.
Adapted from Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa