- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Vermont Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 drops Texas Pete (or Tabasco)
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Island Beau Monde seasoning
- White vinegar
- 7-ounce jar chopped red pimientos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor.
- Start with 1 teaspoon vinegar, add up to 1 tablespoon, to taste.
- Use pimento juice to soften mixture.
- Enjoy your Southern pimento cheese.
By Southern Delights Cookbook
Adapted from Our State Magazine