PALEO HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
Serving Size: 6-8
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 5 1/2 cups reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 (14.5) ounce cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes (I like the ones with garlic)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean, grass-fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced + additional for garnish
- In a 7 quart slow cooker, stir together all of the ingredients, up to the ground beef.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Once the soup has cooked for 3 hours, heat a large, non-stick frying pan on medium heat and cook the beef until it is no longer pink, draining excess fat. Add it into the slow cooker.
- Put the tapioca starch in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons of the hot broth from the slow cooker into the bowl and quickly whisk until smooth. Add it into the slow cooer, whisking the soup as you pour it in.
- Stir in the fresh parsley.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes- 1 hour, until the soup has thickened up a bit.
- Serve with the extra parsley.
By Becky Grimes via KathyMillerTime