NO PEEKY ROAST BEEFY
Serving Size: 12
- 5-6 pound beef tenderloin
- slivers of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Use at least a 3 pound beef tenderloin and if too large for pan, can cut in half.
- Trim tenderloin to your liking.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Cut slits into meat on all sides and insert slivers of garlic, as many as you like.
- Sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place tenderloin on a meat rack in large turkey type pan.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. ****Very important to have it this hot.
- Put beef into oven and immediately turn temperature down to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 21-23 minutes…No longer. 23 minutes seems to work for medium rare.
- Turn oven off and leave beef in oven for 4 hours. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- (Nancy has left meat in oven all day.)
- When you remove the beef, cover with foil until ready to slice.
You can do it ahead…I usually do it the day of. Once cooled you can wrap in foil and put in the refrigerator until the next day when you need to serve. Bring cooked tenderloin to room temperature and slice.
By KathyMillerTime via Nancy Jones