MINNESOTA TATER-TOT HOT DISH
Serving Size: 8
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen mixed vegetables
- (1 16 oz.) package frozen tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- Brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain.
- Stir in the soup, milk and vegetables.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Arrange the tater-tots on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the tater tots are brown and crisp.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the tater tots, return the dish to the oven, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
“Minnesota hot dish recipes, including the Tater Tot hot dish, are among the most famous of Minnesota recipes. The Minnesota hot dish is the subject of many jokes and even the title of a book. “Hot dish,” is one of those famous words and phrases that let the world know we speak Minnesotan.” Visit Minnesota