MEAT CHEESE CASSEROLE
Serving Size: 6-8
- 1 pound ground round beef
- 1 onion, chopped, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 large package egg noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- handful of chives, chopped
- cheddar cheese, grated (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown 1/2 chopped onion and ground beef together.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Set aside.
- Cook egg noodles according to package.
- Mix cottage cheese, sour cream, remaining 1/2 onion, chives and set aside.
- Layer (in this order) ground beef mixture, noodles, cottage cheese mixture, noodles, and ground beef mixture.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Lib Schuler via KathyMillerTime