LOW COUNTRY BOIL
Serving Size: 30
- butter and garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cans of beer
- 3 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1/2 bunch celery sliced
- 3 onions, quartered
- 6 lemons and juice, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 5 pounds small red potatoes whole, not peeled
- 20 ears corn, cut in half
- 3 pounds Kielbasa sausage, 1 inch slices
- 7 1/2 pounds shrimp, unpeeled (1/4 pound per person)
- Melt butter and add garlic. Keep warm.
- In a large pot over burner fill pot 1/2 full of water.
- Add olive oil, beer, bells, celery, onions, lemons and Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a boil (will take 30 minutes). Once boiling, simmer 5 minutes. Or hold until ready.
- Add potatoes. Boil 10 minutes.
- Add corn and sausage. Boil 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and boil 3 minutes…not a minute longer!
- Drain and toss with garlic butter and serve with hot sauce
For 30 people will need to use 2 pots.
John Hopkins via KathyMillerTime