Julie’s Biscuit and Rice Dressing
- 12 biscuits
- 3 cornbread muffins
- 1 cup of rice
- 13/4 cup of broth
- 1 cup of giblets
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 5 boiled eggs chopped
- Bake biscuits and cornbread muffins the day before and place in a plastic bag. They will crumble easier.
- Cook rice so it is cold when combining ingredients.
- Crumble biscuits and cornbread.
- Add rice and moisten with broth. You may add more broth if you like a wet dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Kathy, I like to make it several days in advance and put in refrigerator. The onion and celery add more flavor this way.
By Julie Lee, Judie Crews via KathyMillerTime