Honky-Tonk Tequila Steak
- Big handful of fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 flank steak
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the cilantro, tequila, lime juice, Wordestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and serrano pepper in a large ziptop plastic bag or plastice storage container.
- Add the steak. Seal the bag and refrigerate for several hours.
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator or cooler, and let sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Remove from marinade, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Discard the marinade.
- Grill or broil the steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side over direct heat. Remove from the heat, and let the steak rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board. Slice against the grain and serve.
By Kix Brooks via KathyMillerTime
Adapted from Cookin' It With Kix: The Art of Celebrating and The Fun of Outdoor Cooking