Garlic Cheese Grits
Serving Size: 8-10
- 1 cup instant grits
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Stick of butter
- 2 eggs, beaten and add milk to make 1 cup
- Boil grits 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add butter, cheese and garlic powder until melted.
- Turn off heat.
- Add eggs and milk.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees
My mom’s favorite comfort casserole. I like to serve it with beef tenderloin for a southern twist.
The eggs add volume and rise….Very much like a grits soufflé.
Yes this is not low fat…I use skim milk…
When you want someone to love grits….this is the way to do it.