Corn and Blueberry Salad
Serving Size: 4-6
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- In a dutch oven bring water to boiling. Add corn. Cook, covered, 5 minutes, or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut corn from cobs.
- In a serving bowl combine corn, blueberries, cucumber, sweet onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- For dressing, in screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover, shake well to combine. Add to salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.