CARRIE’S BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
• 12 eggs
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage(I use spicy)
• 1 small white or yellow onion diced
• 1 poblano pepper diced or jalapeno seeded and diced
• 30 oz. bag frozen shredded hash browns
• 2 cups shredded cheddar
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add breakfast sausage to a skillet and cook over medium heat. When there is only a little pink showing left in the meat add in your diced onion & pepper. Continue to saute until meat is fully cooked and vegetables soften up a little. (If you hate onion or pepper, leave them out – it will turn out just fine).
- While meat & veggies are cooking add your eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined. You can use a stand mixer or whisk by hand.
- Add whipping cream and about a tsp. each of garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper to your eggs and whisk again.
- Add cooked meat/veggie mix into egg mixture and stir everything together.
- Add in 1 + 1/3 cup of shredded cheddar & your 30 oz. bag of frozen hash browns. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Grease a 9 “x 13″ baking dish and pour your breakfast mix in, spreading evenly through the pan. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup of cheddar on top.
- Cover baking dish in foil, saran wrap, or a lid and set in the fridge, leave overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake casserole (uncovered) 45-60 minutes. (Check at 45 to see if done or if it looks like it needs a few more minutes, this will cook slightly differently depending on your oven)!.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving to allow everything to cool and set.
Carrie Miller Via KathyMillerTime