Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 8
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced,
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 poblano peppers, stem and seeds removed, and diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle ground red pepper powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- grilled corn kernels
- handful of cilantro
- lime slices
- dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Saute onion in olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic, carrots, poblano peppers, butternut squash, and a little salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables just start to become tender and the onion is lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add chili powder, chipotle ground red pepper powder and tomatoes. Cook one minute.
- Add apple cider vinegar, black beans, chicken broth. Cook 15-20 minutes until squash and carrots are tender.
- Add lime juice.
- Correct seasonings.
Adapted from Love and Lemons