Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta And Herbs
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 slice of pancetta, diced, or bacon that is first blanched in water, then diced
- ½ small onion, diced
- Sprigs of thyme and rosemary
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim bottoms off sprouts, peel each leaf off, wash and drain well.
- In a heavy sauce pan with lid, cook pancetta and onion in oil until softened, add herb, salt and pepper. (This can be done up to this point and finished later).
- Add sprout leaves and wine, toss well, cover and cook over moderate heat until leaves are soft – about 5-10 minutes.
By Midge Scelzo via KathyMillerTime