- 3-4 carrots sliced or diced (I use 12 or so baby carrots)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 vidalia onion quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini squash diced
- 2 yellow summer squash diced
- ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring water and butter to boil.
- Add carrots.
- Simmer/ cook for 4 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, red and green peppers, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Place in a 9×12 casserole dish or larger.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
Can make ahead, without cheddar cheese. Heat in oven until warm, add cheese and bake until melted. This is delicious! A wonderful and colorful way to eat Veggies!!!
and old Southern Living magazine recipe...now one of our family favorites