Vallagret Cheese Sliders
- 24 small party buns (or 12 Hawaiian rolls)
- 8 ounces Vallagret cheese, thinly sliced (or any mild, buttery swiss)
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced or finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- olive oil
- Slice party buns in half.
- Place Vallagret cheese on bottom half.
- Add red peppers, garlic and rosemary.
- Cover with top half of rolls.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Wrap in foil and bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Keep hot in travel packs for tailgate. Most everyone has tailgated with “hammies”. Cocktail size buns with ham, swiss cheese, poppy seeds and onions, wrapped in foil and baked. This is my Mississippi State version using their Vallagret cheese recipe from the MSU Cheese Store.