SUMMER TOMATO SALAD WITH PEACHES, JALAPENOS AND FETA
Serving Size: 4-6
- 5-6 summer tomatoes of different sizes and colors, sliced. I like heirloom tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- 1/3 cup fresh tarragon and dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 2 peaches, cut in wedges
- Fine quality feta cheese, thinly sliced from a block
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- champagne vinegar
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of kasha
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine dill and tarragon in a small bowl.
- Chop half of the jalapeno slices and add to bowl.
- Drizzle in olive oil and vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt
- Add lime zest, saving a little to garnish with.
- Squeeze half the lime juice in
- Toast kasha with coconut oild and add a dash of salt over medium heat (optional)
- Layer sliced tomatoes and peaches on a platter. Drizzle with herb olive oil mixture.
- Place slivered feta cheese on top.
- Add rest of jalapeño slices and sprinkle with chives.
- Sprinkle with toasted kasha if using.
- Zest some more of the lime and squeeze the second half of lime juice.
- Drizzle with more olive oil mixture and serve.
Athena Calderone with eyeswoon