SPICY PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD
Serving Size: 12
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup good mayonnaise I like Hellmann’s
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup canned pickled jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (3-4)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese (using box grater)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Ritz crackers, corn chips or veggies for serving
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, celery seed, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add the jalapeños, scallions, red peppers, cheddar cheese, and Sriracha and combine well.
- Taste for seasonings and serve with crackers, corn chips or veggies.
By KathyMillerTime adapted from Ina Garten, Modern Comfort Food