SKILLET APPLE PIE
Serving Size: 6-8
- 2 pounds Granny Smith apples
- 2 pounds Braeburn apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package pie crusts
- 1 egg white
- 2 + tablespoons sugar
- ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel apples and cut into 1/2 inch wedges.
3. Toss apples with cinnamon and 3/4 cups granulated sugar.
4. Melt butter in a 10” cast iron skillet over medium heat; add brown sugar and cook stirring constantly, 1-2 minutes or until sugar dissolved.
5. Remove from heat, place 1 pie crust in skillet over brown sugar mixture.
6. Spoon apple mixture over piecrust and top with remaining crust.
7. Whisk egg whites until foamy. Brush top of pie crust with egg white, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
8. Cut 4-5 slits in top of crust.
9. Bake 1- 1hour +10 minutes until golden brown, shielding with aluminum foil last 10 minutes.
Becky Grimes Via KathyMillerTime