Shrimp Rolls ala Lobster Rolls
Serving Size: 8
- 2 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Kosher salt
- 2 large celery stalks, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion (Vidalia onions are great), finely diced or scallions if preferred
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 hot dog buns, preferably potato, split
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes (or until water comes back to a boil). Do not overcook.
- Drain; rinse with cold water until cool.
- Pat dry and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Whisk together celery, onions, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, vinegar, and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Fold in shrimp.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Toast buns on rimmed baking sheet until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Spread butter on each toasted bun and fill with shrimp salad.
Adapted from Bon Appetit