- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 tablespoons Palmetto Cheese (brand of Pimento Cheese found at Publix or Harris Teeter)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- iceberg lettuce
- 4 small slices tomato
- Form ground beef into 4 medium patties, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook burgers, flipping once, until cooked to desired doneness.
- Place burgers on a plate and top each with about 2 tablespoons of Palmetto Cheese then cover with aluminum foil to let melt.
- Trim sourdough bread to the size of patties, spread butter on one side of each, and toast.
- Serve burgers on the toast, garnish with iceberg lettuce and tomato.
You can use your favorite pimento cheese, but I like the idea of Palmetto Cheese as in South Carolina, the Palmetto State. Also grilling both burgers and bread is a great idea when tailgating.
By Theresa Johnston via KathyMillerTime