Ham and Okra Roll-ups
Serving Size: 80-100 pieces
- 1 (1 pound) package sliced ham
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of pickled okra (sometimes I need 2 jars)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- garlic salt
- pecans, finely chopped (a handful)
- Pat ham slices dry between paper towels.
- Mix together cream cheese, olives, jalapeño pepper, garlic salt, & pecans.
- Spread mixture on each ham slice, getting close to the edges and not too thick.
- Trim off the stem end of the okra. Place 1 or 2 okras on the short end of the ham slice and roll tightly. (I very often use 2 okras the pointy ends over lapping in the middle. You want the okra to fill the ham roll as much as possible when you slice it.)
- Put in a container with a tight lid after wrapping rolls in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours. Slice about 1/2” thick and serve on a platter. Men love this recipe.
Very unusual and look so pretty. Love using a Louisiana staple, okra. Okra is that special ingredient in most gumbos.
By Linda Roy via KathyMillerTime