Traditional Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 6
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Crusty bread cubes for dipping
- Toss the shredded cheeses in a large bowl with the cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Rub the bottom and sides of fondue pot with cut side of garlic halves.
- Add the wine and heat to a strong simmer. Lower heat to medium.
- Add cheese one handful at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Stir until each handful melts before adding another handful. The mixture will slowly thicken.
- When all the cheese has melted, place the fondue pot onto stand and light the fuel can.