Strawberry Preserve Cake
- 2 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teapsoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Red food coloring
- For The Icing
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 9″ round pans with parchment paper. Lightly coat with baking spray (Pam)
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar on medium high with electric mixer, approximately 4 minutes until batter is light and fluffy.
- Add preserves.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add vanilla and enough food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Reduce mixing speed to low. Add flour mixture alternating with buttermilk, ending with flour.
- Divide batter into 2 pans.
- Place on center rack in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes. Test with wooden pick. Pick should come out clean when inserted in the center of cake.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- For The Frosting
- In a large mixing bowl whisk confectioners sugar, cream cheese and vanilla on high speed until fluffy.
- Slowly drizzle in COLD cream. Whisk on high speed until peaks form.
- Frost the cake completely with icing.
- Garnish with strawberries.
By Frances Stone via KathyMillerTime