MARINATED CUCUMBER, ONION, AND TOMATO SALAD
Serving Size: 6-8
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cucumbers peeled and thinly sliced (or an English cucumber unpeeled)
- 3 tomatoes, cut into small wedges (or cherry tomatoes halved)
- 1 Vidalia onion, halved and then sliced and separated.
- Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes and onions and stir to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate over night or for at least 2 hours.
Using distilled white vinegar is very old fashioned. I like it! Also many recipes call for more sugar, but I used only 1 tablespoon. Plenty of sweetness to offset the vinegar.