Hammies-Perfect For Tailgating
Serving Size: 12-24
- 1/2 cup butter
- 24 small party buns (or 12 Hawaiian rolls)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound sliced ham
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, sliced
- Spread the butter on cut sides of bun, reserving 1 tablespoon butter.
- Saute the onion in the reserved butter until clear.
- Add the poppy seeds and dry mustard. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Layer the ham, cheese and a dollop of the onion mixture on half of each roll.
- Replace roll tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Kathy’s Comments: These sliders are perfect for tailgating. I transport in foil in a Pyrex Portable carrier kept warm with a hot pack.