Crab Cake Fondue
Serving Size: 4
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup choppped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces crab meat, picked through
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Crusty bread cubes for dipping
- Set the fondue pot over medium heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped vegetables and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has evaporated. Stir in the half and half. When warm whisk in the cream cheese one piece at a time until melted.
- Add the cheddar cheese one handful at a time, whisking to combine.
- Once the cheese has melted, stir in the crab, Old Bay, remaining salt, Worcestershire and Dijon.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Place the fondue pot on the stand. Light the fuel can and slowly adjust to the lowest flame.
- Serve hot