CORN, CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD
Serving Size: 8
- 2 12 ounce cans of shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup diced jarred roasted red bell peppers (plus 2 tablespoons liquid from jar)
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh basil
- Combine all the ingredients except basil.
- Mix well.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Toss in basil just before serving
I adapted this recipe from another Corn and Cucumber Salad that added sugar to a vinegar vegetable oil mix. I like this one better using extra virgin olive oil and mayo and no sugar. I wonder if a squeeze of lemon juice might be nice too. Think I will try it next time.
April McGreger of Farmer's Daughter Pickles & Preserves