BAKED QUESO DIP
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) block smoked gouda cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilis, juices drained
- 6 ounces evaporated milk or more if needed
- scallions, optional for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a pan on medium high heat, cook the ground beef about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and oregano to the pan and sauce about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the excess grease from pan
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, add the cheddar, gouda, cream cheese, jalapeño, cilantro, onion, diced tomatoes and cooked beef. I cut the block of gouda in half. I placed the cream cheese block in center of dish with gouda halves on either side and all else sprinkled on and around.
- Drizzle the mixture with evaporated milk.
- Bake until all cheese is melted, about 25-30 minutes.
- Stir all the ingredients together until it is a consistent dip.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with tortilla chips.
This dish is very large. I like splitting into 2 separate, smaller serving dishes after baking.
The photo shows the before baking!