BAKED FETA CHEESE WITH TOMATOES AND CHICKPEAS GREEK APPETIZER
- 8 ounce block feta cheese
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 30 ounce can garbanzos (chick peas), drained I used a 15 ounce can.
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- fresh pepper
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Roast 20 minutes until tomatoes start to burst
- Broil 5-7 minutes until feta starts to brown.
- Serve with crackers, tortilla chips or crusty bread or crostini.
This has lots of olive oil. May want to serve on a small appetizer plate. Or would be nice for lunch with a green salad. I also decided to use a smaller can of garbanzo beans 15 ounce.
By KathyMillerTime via Cynthia Perryman