RICK’S GRILLED MEXICAN STREET CORN
Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho or guajillo chile powder , plus more for serving ( I used chipotle chili powder)
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat grill
- Combine cheese, mayonnaise, cream, cilantro, chile powder, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Place corn directly over hot grill and cook, rotation occasionally, until cooked through and charred in spots on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Transfer corn to bowl with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides with mixture. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
These are delicious and messy! Try to find the Cotija cheese and Crema in the Mexican section or in dairy section.
Rick Astor By KathyMillerTime
Recipe Adapted From Serious Eats